“I’ll and additionally show the us at next month’s ministerial appointment of Snowy Council, where I shall reaffirm America’s dedication to appointment the environment wants and you will remind almost every other Snowy places to do an identical.”
Assistant Blinken is actually planning this new Snowy Council Ministerial inside the Reykjavik, Iceland, . While in the his head to, new Assistant will meet that have Icelandic Chairman Gudni Johannesson, Finest Minister Katrin Jakobsdottir, and International Minister Gudlaugur Thor Thordarson to discuss U.
S.-Icelandic concerns linked to environment changes, human rights, bilateral collaboration, plus the Snowy
- New You.S.-Icelandic dating would depend solidly into the a reputation venture and you will common assistance. The usa are the first country to determine Iceland’s independence inside 1944. Both places display an union so you can individual independence, peoples rights, and you may democracy.
S.-Icelandic concerns regarding weather change, person rights, bilateral venture, additionally the Arctic
- As partners and you can Allies, https://www.datingmentor.org/escort/edinburg/ the us and you will Iceland interact for the a number of of situations, as well as guaranteeing silent cooperation throughout the Cold and you can using renewable energy sources. The usa and you can Iceland were North Atlantic Pact Providers (NATO) Partners since 1949, and you may 2021 marks the fresh 70th anniversary of the finalizing of your U.S.-Icelandic bilateral safety arrangement. The two nations cooperate due to the fact firm Partners and you will lovers to own serenity and you may success about Euro-Atlantic city, and additionally around the globe.
S.-Icelandic priorities pertaining to climate change, people liberties, two-sided collaboration, in addition to Cold
- The usa and you will Iceland keep an annual strategic conversation to help you discuss a variety of things pertinent to each and every country’s federal safety and to the security of your North Atlantic, including into the Snowy, weather action, peoples legal rights, and you can democracy.
S.-Icelandic goals about climate alter, peoples liberties, two-sided collaboration, and the Cold
- The us and you can Iceland seek to strengthen two-sided monetary and change connections. The united states is Iceland’s unmarried prominent trading companion and one of your premier overseas people during the Iceland, mostly throughout the aluminum industry. The united states and you can Iceland closed a trade and Resource Structure Arrangement in ’09 and a good memorandum of Financial Venture in the fall of 2020.
S.-Icelandic priorities related to climate changes, person rights, two-sided venture, additionally the Cold
- The united states and you will Iceland share issues about the global pandemic and you will search solutions to reduce the spread off COVID-19. We should instead collaborate so you can safely heal around the globe traveling and you may trade.
S.-Icelandic priorities linked to climate changes, human liberties, two-sided collaboration, and the Arctic
- The united states and Iceland work together closely on Snowy Council, this new biggest message board to have revealing things off Snowy governance. Brand new Cold Council consists of brand new eight Cold says and you will half a dozen Long lasting Participants exactly who portray Snowy local peoples’ teams.
- While in the Iceland’s chairmanship, government entities out of Iceland made high improvements into the advancing common concerns for example environment and you may clean times possibilities, approaching COVID-19 about Arctic perspective, and you will developing a stronger Cold Council. The united states envisions the brand new Arctic region overall which is free from argument, in which countries work sensibly and you may in which financial invention and you may money takes put in a sustainable, clear styles you to definitely respects environmental surroundings and you can hobbies and you can countries from local groups.
S.-Icelandic goals related to weather transform, people rights, two-sided venture, therefore the Cold
- The united states looks forward to working with Iceland to increase the degree of all over the world ambition to meet up the fresh new climate drama and contain the purpose of restricting home heating to at least one.5 values Celsius when you need it. Along with other couples, we are setting our society on a route to a secure, successful, and you will alternative upcoming. The united states has launched a new target to attain a great 50-52 percent reduction off 2005 accounts in the savings-wide internet greenhouse energy emissions of the 2030, as well as its goal of an internet no emissions savings zero later on than just 2050.
S.-Icelandic goals about climate transform, people liberties, two-sided venture, in addition to Cold
- The usa welcomes Iceland’s leadership within the tackling new weather crisis, having its needs to get to carbon dioxide neutrality by 2040 and to slashed greenhouse gas emissions 55 percent by 2030. Iceland as well as the Us appreciate good collaboration in the renewable energy, and you may renewables make up 85 % out of Iceland’s opportunity also have.